On 3 October, we are marking our national day by celebrating the friendship between people from the United Kingdom and Germany.
The best entries will be put to a panel of judges who will select the best 11 entries to win one of these prizes:
10 Sennheiser CX True Wireless in-ear headphones plus one additional tea gift hamper from North Rhine-Westphalia for the best contribution.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The competition runs from 03 October 2021 00:00 BST until 05 October 2021 23:59 BST.
2. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years and over only, excluding employees of the German Embassy London and the Consulate General Edinburgh or their family members.
3. To enter the competition, upload a post on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram using the hashtag #MyUKGermanFriendship using text, and/or images, and/or videos, in line with the criteria described above. One post counts as one entry. Maximum of one entry per person. The same entry can be posted on several platforms. In the case of several different posts by the same person, only the earliest post will count as an entry.
4. Any photos or videos submitted must be the participant’s own. Any individuals other than the entrant identifiable in a video or photo must have consented to the use of this video/photo. In the case of minors, the consent of the parent or guardian must be obtained.
5. The German Embassy will share a selection of posts throughout the duration of the competition (03 October 2021 00:00 BST until 05 October 2021 23:59 BST). A share does not equal winning a prize.
6. Winners agree to the use of their social media post on other platforms by the Embassy (for example as a screenshot) after the end of the competition.
7. The German Embassy reserves the right to disqualify entrants at its own discretion if there is evidence to suggest that they have broken the rules and/or the law.
8. An initial shortlist of entries will be drawn up by the German Embassy London and presented to a panel of judges who will make a final decision on the 11 winning entries.
9. There are 11 prizes available: 10 Sennheiser CX True Wireless in-ear headphones plus one additional tea gift hamper from North Rhine-Westphalia for the best contribution. No alternative cash prize is available.
10. On 11 October 2021, the German Embassy London will notify the prizewinners through the social media channel on which the entry was made. Winners must confirm receipt of the notification within 72 hours of receipt. If receipt of the notification is not confirmed by then, an alternative winner will be selected.
11. Prizewinners must confirm that they are a UK resident and supply their postal address in order to have the prize mailed to them.
12. All submitted data will be deleted once all winners have received their prizes. Please read our data protection notice here.
13. The German Embassy reserves the right to cancel or change the whole competition, part of the competition and/or the rules without prior notice in the case of an event beyond the control of the Federal Foreign Office. The Embassy will publish details of any changes.
14. The judges’ decision is final.
15. By entering this competition, entrants indicate that they agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.