This role includes:
- General secretarial and assistant duties in various departments
- Drafting letters in English and German
- Correspondence with UK ministries and authorities
- General administrative duties
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of visits and events
- Internet research/ preparation of information
- Handling appointments, telephone calls and visitor traffic
- Maintaining contact databases and invitation management
- Secretarial/ office experience
- Experience working in the German public sector would be an advantage
- Very good German and English (spoken and written)
- Very good eye for detail, very accurate worker
- Good computer skills
- Team player
- Friendly and polite
- Willing to work flexible hours when required
- Entitled to live and work in the UK (proof required)
- Ideally fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Training will be provided. Appointment will initially be on the basis of a one-year contract with the possibility of extension. Contract based on UK employment law. Normal working time is 40 hours a week. Salary is based on the Embassy’s pay scheme and is £2,752/month. Salary will be taxable in Germany unless you are a British citizen and do not also hold German citizenship. National Insurance contributions are to be paid in the UK. After a successful selection process, a security background check, for which your cooperation is required, will be conducted prior to hiring.
The Embassy’s local employees work on-site only, in the Embassy building. Organisational factors do not allow for the possibility of working from home. An individual office cannot be guaranteed. In the interest of protecting the health of all staff, the Embassy firmly advocates the vaccination of all staff members against Covid-19.
Please email us your application (a CV in German and English with a covering letter in German and English; proof of your right to live and work in the UK) by 31 January 2022.
Interviews are likely to be held in early February 2022.
Only complete applications will be considered. Unfortunately we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of applications. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited to interview.
For information about data protection in accordance with Article 13 GDPR please follow this link.