We, the undersigned Heads of Diplomatic Missions in the United Kingdom, join together as Diplomats for Equality London to commemorate the 51st anniversary of the UK’s first Pride march and the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
We express our solidarity and support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and all other queer persons in the United Kingdom and around the world.
We reaffirm our unwavering commitment to the comprehensive protection of all persons against discrimination, hostility or violence based on their gender identity or sexual orientation.
The Equal Rights Coalition (ERC), through which countries collaborate to further the cause of universal and inalienable human rights for all, is one example of how states from all regions of the world can unite to improve our collective future by safeguarding each and every individual´s rights. We stand as allies of all people who wish to be who they are and love whom they love.
We will continue to denounce any harassment or violence against LGBTIQ people, whether it be in person or online, in peacetime or in time of conflict.
We believe that free societies with equal rights for all are best positioned to address the shared systemic challenges facing our planet.
In this regard, while there have been encouraging signs of progress worldwide, we also see that hard-won advances for LGBTIQ communities around the globe are increasingly under threat. The power of solidarity, allyship and community across national borders and movements has never been more important. Our governments will continue to work together to advocate for equal rights for all people in all countries.
We recognise that civil society has always been at the vanguard of the fight for equal rights. As representatives of our respective governments, we therefore pledge to help in the fight against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia by supporting civil society at home and throughout the world.
We stand, diverse yet united, ready to work together at all times with our partners from across the globe, in government and civil society, to fight injustice and promote equal rights for all.
The Equal Rights Coalition Co-Chairs:
Germany: H.E. Miguel Berger
Mexico: H.E. Josefa González-Blanco
Signatories (by country):
- Albania: H.E. Qirjako Qirko
- Argentina: H.E. Javier Esteban Figueroa
- Australia: H.E. Stephen Francis Smith, High Commissioner
- Austria: H.E. Dr. Michael Zimmermann
- Belgium: H.E. Bruno van der Pluijm
- Brazil: H.E. Fred Arruda
- Canada: H.E. Ralph Edward Goodale, High Commissioner
- Chile: H.E. Susana Andrea Herrera Quezada
- Costa Rica: H.E. Rafael Ortiz
- Cyprus: H.E. Andreas S. Kakouris
- Czechia: H.E. Marie Chatardová
- Denmark: H.E. René Dinesen
- Ecuador: Gabriel Villafuerte, Chargé d'Affaires
- Estonia: H.E. Viljar Lubi
- European Union: H.E. Pedro Serrano de Haro
- Finland: H.E. Jukka Siukosaari
- France: H.E. Hélène Duchêne
- Greece: H.E. Yannis Tsaousis
- Honduras: H.E. Ivan Romero-Martinez
- Iceland: Jóhanna Jónsdóttir, Chargé d’Affaires
- Ireland: H.E. Martin Fraser
- Israel: H.E. Tzipora Hotovely
- Italy: H.E. Inigo Lambertini
- Latvia: H.E. Ivita Burmistre
- Lithuania: H.E. Eitvydas Bajarūnas
- Luxembourg: H.E. Georges Friden
- Malta: H.E. Emmanuel Mallia, High Commissioner
- Montenegro: Natasa Jovovic, Chargé d’Affaires
- The Netherlands: H.E. Karel van Oosterom
- New Zealand: H.E. Hon Phil Goff, High Commissioner
- North Macedonia: Biljana Gligorova, Chargé d’Affaires
- Norway: Øyvind Hernes, Chargé d’Affaires
- Portugal: H.E. Nuno Brito
- Serbia: H.E. Aleksandra Joksimović
- Slovenia: H.E. Simona Leskovar
- Spain: Jose María Robles Fraga, Chargé d’Affaires
- Sweden: H.E. Mikaela Kumlin Granit
- Switzerland: H.E. Markus Leitner
- Ukraine: H.E. Vadym Prystaiko
- United States: H.E. Jane D. Hartley
- Uruguay: H.E. César Rodríguez Zavalla