- What happens next?
- How do I book an appointment?
- Do I really need a new document immediately?
- What do I do in case of an emergency?
- What should I be aware of regarding my appointment at the Consulate General?
- Why can't I apply for an ID card by mail or online?
- Can I also submit my application at an honorary consul’s office?
- What do I do if I cannot travel to the Consulate General for health reasons but require a new passport urgently?
What happens next?
The Consulate General will accept and process ID card applications starting from 15.06.2020. Individual appointments will be available from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 19:30 in the upcoming weeks; all appointments need to be booked in advance.
How do I book an appointment?
The appointment booking system will be open again from 03.06.2020: Appointment booking.
Dates are initially available for the next two months until the end of July. Additional dates will be activated successively. A separate date must be booked for each applicant.
For persons whose appointment has been cancelled by the Consulate General, we provide a separate contingent. Further information on booking these special appointments will be sent to all those concerned by email.
If you yourself have cancelled an appointment, please book a new appointment via the booking system.
Depending on how the situation develops, we reserve the right to adjust the number of appointments available and, if necessary, cancel appointments at short notice.
Do I really need a new document immediately?
Please make up your mind whether you really need a new document right now or whether the application can be postponed. Please also check critically whether your journey to the Consulate General complies with the current British and Scottish lockdown regulations.
Please remember that:
- there is no general identification requirement for EU citizens in the United Kingdom. Until the end of the transition period (presumably 31.12.2020), Germans – just like British citizens – can legally reside in the United Kingdom without identification.
- there is time until 30.06.2021 to submit your application for “pre-/settled status” in the “EU Settlement Scheme”
- you can use your passport and/or identity card for travel within the European Union and to some other countries until the last day of its validity. This also applies to the United Kingdom until the end of the transition period. You can even enter the member states of the European Agreement on Regulations governing the Movement of Persons between Member States of the Council of Europe with travel documents that have expired by no more than one year. However, if you are travelling by air, you should check with the airline to see whether it is possible to travel with an expired document.
- Details of the validity requirements of your country of travel can be found in the travel information of the Federal Foreign Office.
- The processing time for complete application is approx. four to five weeks, or three weeks for express passport.
- your passport or identity card is not invalidated by the fact that you have moved and your place of residence or address has changed.
We ask adults who have not previously held a German passport or identity card to postpone their application until the situation has normalised even further.
If you cannot attend a confirmed appointment, please cancel the appointment as soon as possible so that another citizen can be served in your place.
What do I do in case of an emergency?
If you have to travel due to an emergency (e.g. serious illness or funeral of a close relative) and you cannot book an appointment in time, please contact us by email to with appropriate proof (certificate, proof of kinship etc.) and we will try our best to help you.
What should I be aware of regarding my appointment at the Consulate General?
- Please prepare your ID card appointment carefully. Using the checklists posted on the website (applicants over the age of 16, applicants under the age of 16) please check carefully that you have all the necessary documents, including the required photocopies, ready for your appointment.
- It is no longer possible to collect the new travel document. Therefore, please also bring a self-addressed pre-paid special delivery envelope (up to 500 gr).
- Generally, we prefer payments by credit card (MasterCard or Visa). To avoid delays in case of problems with the payment system, we recommend that you bring the required fee in cash as well.
- Please be on time for your appointment. If you are late more than five minutes you will be turned away and will have to book a new appointment.
- To minimize the risk of infection, only one person per appointment is allowed to enter the building. Therefore, please do not bring an accompanying person(s) with you unless it is absolutely necessary! Exceptions are made for applications for children younger than 16 years: here all persons entitled to custody (usually both parents) must be present. Should you require special assistance, you can bring one accompanying person with you.
- To protect yourself, our security staff and other customers, you are required to wear a face mask (“community mask”) inside the building. Customers without a mask will not be admitted.
- If you or members of your household show symptoms of a corona infection, do not attend your appointment. All visitors must undergo a security check when entering the building; this may include a non-contact measurement of body temperature with an infrared thermometer. Customers who show symptoms will not be admitted.
Why can't I apply for an ID card by mail or online?
Unfortunately, the German law on ID cards does not yet provide for the possibility of applying for an ID card online or by post. Under current law, passports must be applied for in person without exception.
Can I also submit my application at an honorary consul’s office?
The honorary consuls in the jurisdiction of the German Consulate General do not accept ID card applications.
What do I do if I cannot travel to the Consulate General for health reasons but require a new passport urgently?
If you are unable to appear in person, we can only issue you with a temporary passport. This is a non-biometric travel document and is valid for one year only. Please contact us by email.