Change of address in passports/ ID-cards


Changes of address can be done only via postal application.

Please send the following documents:

  • Your passport/ your ID-card
  • Most recent German local authority de-registration form (‘Abmeldebestätigung’ - only applicable, if the last place of residence was in Germany or if a German place of residence is shown in the passport
  • Recent proof of address in GB (e.g. council tax/ utility bill or bank statement)
  • A self-addressed Special Delivery envelope, pre-paid up to 500g (obtainable at any post office)
  • Application form for change of address (click here to download)

A change of address on your passport is free of charge.

Top of page