Airport Transit Visas for Germany are required by nationals of the following countries (Please refer to exceptions below, marked *):
Nationals of the above named countries do NOT require an airport transit visa if
- you hold a valid visa or residence permit for a Schengen country or
- you hold a valid residence permit for GB, Ireland, Andorra, Canada, Japan, Monaco, San Marino, USA or
- you hold a valid visa for a Member State of the EU, Canada, Japan or the United States of America, or on your return from these countries having used the visaor
- you are a partner (married, common-law or civil partner) or child of an EU/EEA/EFTA national and hold a British “Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National” or
- you hold a diplomatic passport
Exceptions (according to marked* contries above)
*1 Jordanian nationals do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa:
- if you hold a visa for either Australia, Israel or New Zealand and the confirmed flight ticket or boarding pass. This only applies to flights to the above mentioned countries and return flights from these countries to Jordan.
- on your return to Jordan from the above mentioned countries: confirmed flight ticket or boarding pass is mandatory
- transit time in Germany is not to exceed 12 hours.
*2 Turkish nationals do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa:
- if you are holding a service/official passport and travel on official business
IMPORTANT: All other nationalities can travel without an Airport Transit Visa holding confirmed flight ticket (“OK”) and under the condition that the airport in Germany has an international transit area (only Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne) and you do not have to change terminal. Otherwise a regular Schengen transit visa must be obtained before starting the trip.