Airport Transit Visas for Germany are required by nationals of the following countries (Please refer to exceptions below, marked *):
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Nationals of the above named countries do NOT require an airport transit visa if they are:
- Holders of valid visas and national residence permits from EU and Schengen countries,
- Holders of certain national residence permits from the following countries: Andorra, Japan, Canada, San Marino, United States of America,
- Holders of valid visas from the EEA countries (the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) and visas issued by Japan, Canada and the United States of America,
- Family members (spouse or civil partner, child) of an EU/EEA/EFTA national,
- Holders of Diplomatic passports.
Exceptions (according to marked* contries above):
*1 Jordanian nationals do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa:
- if you hold a visa for either Australia, Israel or New Zealand and the confirmed flight ticket or boarding pass. This only applies to flights to the above mentioned countries and return flights from these countries to Jordan.
- on your return to Jordan from the above mentioned countries: confirmed flight ticket or boarding pass is mandatory.
- transit time in Germany is not to exceed 12 hours.
*2 Turkish nationals do NOT require an Airport Transit Visa:
- if you are holding a service/official passport and travel on official Business
IMPORTANT: All other nationalities can travel without an Airport Transit Visa holding confirmed flight tickets (“OK”) provided the airport in Germany has an international transit area and you do not have to change terminal. This applies to Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne. For Duesseldorf only this is restricted to 6am-9pm and you must contact the airline regarding “Transit Without Visa (TWOV)” procedure. Otherwise a regular Schengen visa must be obtained before starting the trip. Please note that also in case of a flight route via two different Schengen airports (e.g. London – Düsseldorf – Paris – Havanna) you need to apply for a regular Schengen Visa.
Do you need a visa check Please note that this is an external link. The Embassy has no influence whatsoever on the information on this website and cannot assume any liability for the content and accuracy of the information provided.