Visa applicants who intend to travel to Germany for postgraduate studies or research purposes will need to provide the following documents:
- 2 application forms for residence permit (download.pdf on the right-hand side)
- 2 passport size photographs
- Invitation from German university or German scientist/organisation that you will work with including a short description of the project you will be working on or studying
- Letter from UK university or employer
- Your CV in German or English
- Proof of salary being paid in Germany or proof of scholarship. If you are neither paid a salary in Germany nor receive a scholarship, you cannot apply for a scientific research visa.