The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
With this year’s special focus on the question of how digitalisation can promote more sustainability in science and our societies, the motto of the 2019 competition is “Smart Green Planet – Solutions for a Sustainable Future”. However, applications from all disciplines are highly welcome and the research does not need to have a direct link to digitalisation.
As a successful Green Talent 2019, you will receive
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Green Talents Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
- individual appointments with German experts of your choosing to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- networking opportunities at the 10-year-anniversary Green Talents alumni conference in Berlin with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape,
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of your own choice in Germany in 2020,
- exclusive access for you to the prestigious Green Talents alumni Network.
Eligible to apply are master students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals, with no more than three years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an educational degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development. Applicants must prove excellent command of English and above-average grade. Further, only applications from non-German citizens or residents can be considered.
For more information please refer to the website www.greentalents.de where both the competition flyer as well as the award trailer are accessible.
Deadline for submission: 22 May 2019, 2pm CEST.