The German Embassy in London and the visa application centre in London, operated by our service provider, TLScontact, serve visa applicants residing in England (with exceptions, see below), Northern Ireland and Wales.
The German Consulate General in Edinburgh and the visa application centre in Edinburgh, operated by our service provider, TLScontact, serve visa applicants residing in Scotland as well as in the (English) counties of Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland, North Yorkshire and Tyne and Wear. Residents of York and Selby need to apply in London.
Please refer to our consular district map for details.
Certain categories of visas need to be applied for in Visa Application Centres run by our external service provider, TLScontact. TLScontact currently operates two Visa Application Centres in London and Edinburgh respectively. The application centre in Manchester will remain closed until further notice.
Visas in the following categories must be applied for through our external service provider, TLScontact:
- All Schengen A (airport transit) visa applications
- All C (short-term) visa applications,
as well as in the following D visa categories:
- All Blue Card visa applications,
- All employment visa applications where the Federal Employment Agency (“Bundesagentur für Arbeit”) has issued a letter confirming pre-approval (“Vorabzustimmung”) for employment of a named individual with a named company,
- All internship visa applications.
Visa appointments can be booked through TLScontact's website.
Visas in all other categories need to be applied for through the German missions directly.
Visa appointments with the Embassy in London can be booked through the Embassy’s booking system.
For visa appointments with the Consulate General in Edinburgh please contact the Consulate directly.